There are two camps in the fanbase assessing the draw for the Champions League qualifier, which pitted us against German side Hoffenheim (aren’t there are always at least two camps in Liverpool’s fanbase these days? – Ed).
1) Hoffenheim are a good side, toughest opponent possible, worst case scenario, we’re going out.
2) Hoffenheim are a good side, toughest opponent possible, best case scenario because they’ll at least try to beat us and that’s our best context for ripping sides apart.
The rest of this article is for subscribers only, and includes:
- 2016/17 Bundesliga Data
- Shots analysis looking at shot locations, basic xG, situations of goals, all comparative to the league
- Team Statistical Profile
- A look at key players
- Tactical Profile with video evidence
- Video analysis of attacking set pieces
- Video clips of Hoffenheim’s defensive and attacking style