By Gary Fulcher.
Liverpool are back in Capital One Cup action on Tuesday evening when we face Chelsea in the semi-final second leg at Stamford Bridge; 7.45pm kick off UK time. The tie is finely balanced following the 1-1 draw at Anfield in the first leg. Tottenham Hotspur or Sheffield Utd will be the opponents in the final on March 1st.
Liverpool v Chelsea in the League Cup:
- 1977 – Round 2: Liverpool 2 – 0 Chelsea
- 2000 – Round 3: Liverpool 2 – 1 Chelsea
- 2005 – Final: Chelsea 3 – 2 Liverpool (after extra-time)
- 2007 – Round 5: Chelsea 2 – 0 Liverpool
- 2011 – Round 5: Chelsea 0 – 2 Liverpool
- 2015 – Semi-final first leg: Liverpool 1 – 1 Chelsea
Liverpool hold multiple records in this competition including most tournament wins (8), most final appearances (11), joint highest win (10-0 against Fulham in September 1986, shared with West Ham who hammered Bury by the same scoreline three years earlier), while Ian Rush holds records for the most tournament wins as a player (5 all with Liverpool), joint most final appearances as a player (6, shared with Emile Heskey who made three final appearances with Leicester, two with Liverpool and one with Aston Villa) and joint highest goalscorer (49 goals shared with Geoff Hurst).
The rest of this article is for subscribers only.